Pronto pups truly stand the test of time. From carnivals to other county fairs, Pronto Pups have lived on throughout these events due to the nostalgia and deliciousness of our famous battered hot dogs. With our flour mix for your batter, you can recreate these amazing corndogs right in your kitchen at home. Enjoy with your entire family! Here are some steps to follow in order to have a Pronto Pup at home.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
We recommend buying your favorite hot dogs because if they taste better to you, then the Pronto Pups will be better! With our flour mixes, you can use our famous recipe to create truly the best Pronto Pup at home.
- Pat dry hot dogs with towel and insert stick in the end of wiener (about half way).
- In deep mixing bowl, add two parts Pronto Pup Flour Mix and one part water. Mix with a wire whip until all lumps are gone. Batter should be thicker than the consistency of pancake batter.
- Dip hot dog into batter. Cover entire hot dog with batter, gently shaking off excess batter for equal coverage. Before placing into fryer, turn hot dog upright to set batter.
- Gently place Pronto Pup into the deep fryer (IMPORTANT: OIL TEMP SHOULD BE 375°F*) and let it float. Using tongs, occasionally roll the Pronto Pup for even cooking. Pronto Pup is done after 2-1/2″ minutes or until a deep golden color. Remove with tongs. Let cool a little and ENJOY!
Tips and Variations:
- Get creative with your Pronto Pups by experimenting with different hot dog varieties, such as cheese-filled or vegetarian options.
- Try adding a pinch of your favorite seasonings or spices to the batter for a unique twist on the classic flavor.
- For a healthier alternative, you can bake your Pronto Pups in the oven at 375°F (190°C) until they’re golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through.
Recreating Pronto Pups at home allows you to indulge in the nostalgia of fair food anytime you desire. Whether you’re reliving fond memories or introducing this classic treat to a new generation, the joy of savoring a homemade Pronto Pup is a culinary adventure worth embarking on. So, gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and transport yourself to the sights, sounds, and flavors of the fair, right in the comfort of your kitchen.
Contact Pronto Pup Co at 503.244.9421 today or visit us online to order the flour mix and get started on making your own Pronto Pups!